Friday, October 26

smiles, laughter and rain

This past weekend we did an outdoor family photo shoot with our dear sweet friend Nikki McLaughlin of Oliverblue Photography! The skies were blue all day and we were freshly cleaned up after a morning birthday party at Trampoline Nation.

Side note: I have been avoiding any photo shoots including me, due to some ridiculous insecurities related to my recent weight gain... get over it, right? I know! Life is about much more than how Mom looks and I didn't want to miss any more of these moments!

At this point I was optimistic that this photo session was going to be amazing.

...Then the clouds rolled in and disappointment and anxiety crept into my chest. As we pulled out of our driveway the rain started to come down in buckets. I know we live in Seattle but I did not bring an umbrella. My mind started to fill up with images of wet clothes and me with flat hair and running makeup. Come on God, I need an attitude adjustment here... where are my priorities!? 

Shortly after, we pulled up to the beautiful downtown Tacoma landscape where we were welcomed  by both the majestic brick pathways sprinkled with brightly colored fall leaves, and also by a sweet, backpack laden beauty named Nikki. If you have never had your photos taken by her, you need to. Nikki is so genuine, down to earth and relatable. She has amazing style and an incredible eye for just the right details. She knows what colors work well, what time of day is great and she knows how to get her shots regardless of the weather! I knew just getting out of the car and being met with her hugs that things were going to be okay.

And they were more than okay!

In these few sneak peak shots that she has emailed me thus far, you will see that she was able to capture our individual personalities and make this entire experience FUN! From the time we started shooting, we all felt at ease. Of course there was still the prodding and entertaining needed to keep the children in the frame but that is my everyday struggle:)

I hope you enjoy these and you can be certain that you will be receiving these and more on the face of our Christmas card!












Thank you again Nikki for these incredible images! - Love the Garcia Family!

1 comment:

nessie said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! I miss those faces :)